- If you start to feel strange, sick, or drunk when you know that you couldn’t be drunk, seek help from a trusted friend or the venue management.
- If you think you have been spiked, get a close friend to get you out of the place as soon as possible and take you home or to hospital (if seriously unwell). Or ring a friend, relative or partner and ask them to come and pick you up.
- If you feel unsafe, vulnerable, or threatened you can ask for help by approaching venue staff and asking them for ‘Angela’. This code-phrase indicates to staff that you need help, and a trained member of staff will then support and assist you.
- Make sure you can trust the person you ask for help. Don’t go anywhere with a stranger or acquaintance.
- Once you are safely home ask someone to stay with you until the effects of the drug have worn off, which could be several hours.
- Don’t hesitate to call for medical help if you need it. And do tell the police what happened.
There are two ways you can tell us what happened