If you think you have been a victim of drink or injection spiking, it may be hard to know what to do or how to feel. What happened was not your fault. What you do next is your choice.  


  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile).
  • Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened, try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are scared or fearful you should call the emergency services. 
  •  If the incident took place more than 12 hours ago you can call 101 to report non-emergency crime in the UK. Alternatively, you can contact your local police


  • To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
  • Victim Support 


  • Reporting to the police. 
  • Reporting the incident anonymously.  You can call crime stoppers at any point on 0800 555 111 or use their online form
  • Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence. 

Get support

  • Find out more on the support available for mental health and wellbeing
  • Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, the University's Counselling Service offers confidential help.
  • Your campus Student Information Team will be able book a registered taxi to ensure that students can get home safely – i.e. if they don't have any cash, they can pay the fare the next day. 


There are two ways you can tell us what happened