- If you are a student you can talk to your Personal Tutor, or a Wellbeing Advisor. This University service offers support and advice on issues affecting your student life, with signposting and referral to more specialist services. If you're not sure where to go, this is a good place to start. It is a free confidential, impartial service where students can get advice and information on academic and personal issues, including advice on procedures and representation at hearings.
- The Disability Support and Inclusion Service. The University’s dedicated disability advisors can provide advice, guidance, and support to staff and students about a range of practical adjustments to your work or studies.
- Mitigating Circumstances. If you feel your studies have been affected by what has happened you can consider applying for a concession. The Assessments Team at your campus will be able to provide more information and you can find their contact details on your campus organisation page on Elite.
- Counselling Service. The University’s partnership with Spectrum Life offer confidential support.
- Togetherall is available 24/7 and provides a safe space to talk, share and support. It is monitored by trained professionals and contains self-assessments and resources and self-guided wellbeing courses.
- Human Resource Contacts: If you are a member of staff or manager your HR partner will be able to identify the support that’s available for you. You can find more information here.
- Trade Union: The academic cohort of the University recognise the Unite union, meaning that we consult and negotiate with union representatives on a number of terms and conditions. We have a number of union representatives across the campuses and you can find more information here.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Through the EAP provided by Care first, you can rest assured you have an expert team to help you plan the highs and support you through the lows. With the EAP you have 24-hour personal assistance. At any time, day or night, you can talk in confidence to a qualified adviser. Please be aware that the EAP is for your use only (the employee). You can find more information here.