We believe that sexual harassment is never okay. Sexual harassment is unwanted behaviour of a sexual nature which violates your dignity, makes you feel intimidated, degraded or humiliated or creates a hostile or offensive environment. Sexual harassment is contrary to the Equality Act 2010 and the University Dignity at Work and Study Policy.
- Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). You can call 101 to report non-emergency crime in the UK. For example, if there has been prolonged bullying or a threat which does not present immediate danger. Alternatively, you can contact your local police.
- Find a safe space. If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are scared or fearful you should call the emergency services on 999.
- To a friend. Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help.
University support services:
- Report and Support: Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence.
- University Policies and Procedures. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.
1 in 4 people is affected by a mental health problem in any year and it is estimated that around 1 in 5 people has contemplated suicide or self-harm. Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you:
- The University's Counselling Service offers confidential help.
- The University of Law Students' Union.
- Student Information: Your campus Student Information Team will be able book a registered taxi to ensure that students can get home safely – i.e if they don't have any cash, they can pay the fare the next day.